LH Surged!

So, apologies for the late post, but things have been hectic the last few days.

On Wednesday 11/24 at 1pm, my LH surge test showed positive.  I could hardly believe my eyes!  I was scheduled to ovulate on Thursday 11/25 (yes, that would be Thanksgiving here in the US!) and so I was expecting the surge by the middle of Tuesday at the latest.  When it didn’t happen on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning, my spirits had started to fall.  So imagine my joy and surprise when the test showed the surge at 1pm!

One might ask how it is that I tested both in the morning and in the afternoon – and well, that would be a valid question, as the test instructions say to test once a day.  But see here…I have been known to be slightly OCD at times…and so in the name of fail-safe tests and extra caution, I bought 2 different brand tests (Clueblue Easy and First Response), at 2 different times, from 2 different stores…and then I tested at 2 different times in the day, once first thing upon waking and once at midday.  I even set a reminder on my calendar!  I was starting to gear up to 3 tests a day, just to be even safer.  No way was I going to miss my LH surge!

In retrospect, my OCD-ness turned out to be a good thing, because while I showed a surge at 1pm, by 9pm there was no more surge.  That 9pm test was at the insistence of my hubby, “for the sake of science”, he said.  What it showed me was that I have a very small window to pick up my surge, which is probably why I didn’t pick it up last month.

I’m ashamed to say that I then proceeded to fish the old tests out of the trash, to compare the results and then even took pictures of the tests!  A moment for prosperity!  What relief…what joy that my body was normal!

Earlier that morning hubby called Shady Grove and left a message to ask what should we do if I didn’t surge.  No one called us back.  Then when I had the surge at 1pm, I called and left a message again, saying I needed to come in the next day, Thanksgiving, for the IUI procedure.  By 3pm no one had called us back.  I started panicking because while I knew they were open on Thanksgiving morning, they were closing at 4pm on Wednesday and I needed to make sure the procedure was booked for the next morning.  I couldn’t afford to miss this cycle!  My dear hubby then did the sweetest thing – he jumped in the car and drove to Shady Grove to make sure he spoke with someone.  I love that man so much, words fail me.

My IUI procedure was booked for 8:30am Thursday morning 🙂

Wednesday night, Thanksgiving Eve, passed in a haze of surreality.  This really was happening…


2 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Jeanette Verster
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 06:35:47

    Woot for the surge 🙂 what a relief!
    Can’t wait for the next installment


  2. Amanda
    Dec 07, 2010 @ 20:50:02

    Congrats! I’m so glad for you. How did the IUI go?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: